Best Raincoat Brands in India 2020 and Buying Guide
It doesn’t matter if you are an outdoor enthusiast or just a normal person, who likes to stay home, it is always very important that you should have an umbrella or raincoat with you if it’s a rainy season. An effective and suitable raincoat will be your best friend than your umbrella at those somber. With the market flooded with millions of products, it is really hard to know where to start and what exactly to look for. So, if you need the best raincoat available on the Indian market, you need to be familiar with the factors and some terms that you might encounter on the product tags. Now, let’s not waste our time, let’s talk about raincoats. Today we are going to review the Best Raincoat Brands available in India to buy in 2020.
A raincoat also referred to as a slicker is a water-resistant or waterproof outfit that is worn by both sexes to protect their clothes and body from rain. History records as raincoats were first used in ancient China and were made of bamboo, but, things have changed since then. Today, raincoats on the market are far more efficient and attractive. A modern raincoat might be made of Gore-Tex or Tyvek or coated nylons. Each manufacturer today incorporates new features and specification to their raincoats to make it more in-demand and for better sale. Here are few of the most common type of raincoats available on the Indian market today.
- Ponchos– Ponchos are the cheapest raincoat there is. This type of raincoats can be the best choice if you are planning to wear the raincoats on on-the-go activities and if you prefer having a lightweight raincoat. Ponchos are comparatively more suitable for hot, semitropical climates, where you would crave to have a sleeveless, breathable, and airy raincoat. Few of the common characteristics of Poncho raincoats are that they come with partially covered pockets, taped seams, thumb loops, and adjustable hoods. Ponchos are lengthy and can reach up to the knees, at the same time, they are lightweight.
- Mackintosh– A mackintosh is a classic rubber raincoat that is most commonly used during a downpour. This type of raincoat is the best choice if you prefer wearing a raincoat while standing or walking. It is not suitable for any on-the-go activities or other heavy work because, this type of raincoat locks in the heat and they are less breathable. However, mackintosh is comparatively less expensive than cloth variety raincoats and they have the characteristic of letting the rainwater drip down away from the clothings.
- Anorak– This is a go-to type pull over jacket that comes with hoods and waterproof features. They can be distinguished from other raincoats on the basis of unique features like front openings, and drawstrings on the cuffs and waist. Anorak looks more sporty and practical than other types of raincoats. This type of raincoat is the best choice for people who need to stay active, fashionable, and warm.
- Parka– Parka is a winter-weight coat that comes with a waterproof finish, which is insulated with a very warm synthetic fiber and also lined hood. Their style is often similar to that of anoraks. Parka is heavier than any other raincoats and best suitable to be worn at places with cold weather.
- Trench Coat– Trench coats are the most in-demand raincoats in India right now. It is well-known for its style and its characteristics that allow people to wear them as casual wear. This type of raincoat is traditionally made of a gabardine fabric, cotton, or polyester blend. The coat is sturdy and dense and come with wider collar, stylish buttons and self-tie belts. Most commonly used by women who prefer style and fashion.
Factors to Consider while Purchasing The Best Raincoat in India:
- Lining– A top quality raincoat will have an outer hard shell, layer or an inner lining that protect the user’s cloth from rain or downpour. If you prefer to use the raincoats at the colder weather it is best to consider purchasing a raincoat with fleece lining. If for warm weather it is better toconsider purchasing raincoats with mesh lining or removable lining.
- Length– Raincoats come in a variety of lengths, long length raincoats block wind better and protect the whole body from rain, and shorter raincoats are more stylish and allow more freedom of movement. So, while purchasing a raincoat prefer buying long raincoats instead of shorter coats.
- Hood– Hood is very important when it comes to purchasing a raincoat. Hoods protect your head from rain. Raincoats come with different types of hoods while purchasing raincoats with hood; prefer purchasing the ones with adjustable hoods.
- The number of pockets and pocket Placement– while shopping for a raincoat it is important that you check for this feature. This feature enables the user to keep the hands warm at the colder weather. Some raincoats come with waterproof pockets; this waterproofing is often acquired by placing the pockets within the coat or outside the coat with zippers or flaps.
- Wrist Closures– Wrist closures are important that will further block out the elements and increase the ventilation. So, while purchasing raincoats prefer purchasing a raincoat with wrist closure and draw cords.
- Fit– Raincoats come from different manufacturers/brands and they come in a variety of sizes. So, it is important to consider the fit of the raincoat you buy. This makes it important to check the size of the raincoat you purchase.
- Armpit Vents– Most of the raincoats are designed to keep the rain water out, but, some of them are designed to hold back the heat. So, while purchasing a raincoat consider buying a raincoat the ones with armpit vents for better air circulation.
Considering all the factors and things mentioned above, here are the best raincoats available on the Indian market right now.
UrbanLifeStylers Storm Breaker Complete Rain Suit with Carry Bag (Black)
The UrbanLifeStylers Storm Breaker Complete Rain Suit with Carry Bag from the brand UrbanLifeStylers is one of the best raincoats available on the Indian market right now. This raincoat is waterproof and is made of Th-4 material. This raincoat is fully seam-sealed and comes with two side pockets. One of the notable things about this raincoat is that it is durable, lightweight, and can be packed in a Velcro. This product also comes with adjustable hoods and bottoms.
NEWERA Men’s Raincoat (Salacious-gry_L SIZE_Grey)
The NEWERA Men’s Raincoat (Salacious-gry_L SIZE_Grey) from the brand NewEra is one of the best raincoats available on the Indian market right now. This raincoat comes with two side pockets and the taping inside is seam sealed. The whole raincoat is made of polyester and comes with an adjustable hood. This raincoat is the best choice for bike or scooter riders.
Newera Men’s Hooded Raincoat Top and Bottom Set – Salacious-blk_Black_Large
The Newera Men’s Hooded Raincoat Top and Bottom Set – Salacious-blk_Black_Large from the brand Newera is one of the best raincoats available on the Indian market right now. This raincoat has a solid pattern and comes with waterproof properties. One of the notable things about this raincoat is that it comes with hood; the whole raincoat is made of polyester. This raincoat can keep you 100% dry and warm under extreme climatic conditions.
Duckback ® Men’s Luxury Rain Suit
The Duckback ® Men’s Luxury Rain Suit from the brand Hindustan Industries is one of the best raincoats available on the Indian market right now. This is a luxury raincoat and comes in a pant, shirt, and cap. One of the notable things about this raincoat is that it comes with a Velcro that enables the raincoat to be packed neatly and carried around easily.
Zavia Premium Plain Rain Coat (XL- Free size) Blue
The Zavia Premium Plain Rain Coat from the brand Zavia is one of the best raincoats available on the Indian market right now. This raincoat comes guaranteed with high-quality and durability. The manufacturer has designed the product in such a way that it is easy to wear and use. The whole product is made of 100% polyester and comes with DWR finish. It also has full length zipper and button flap closure for enhanced personal fit. The manufacturer has placed two side pockets at the right positions that make it easy to store essential gears.
Quechua Poncho 100 Rain Wear, Men’s (Navy Blue)
The Quechua Poncho 100 Rain Wear, Men’s from the brand Quechua is one of the best raincoats available on the Indian market right now. This raincoat is best suitable for adults and just weights 450 grams. The whole raincoat is made of 100% phthalate-free PVC and is 100% waterproof.One of the notable things about this raincoat is that it is easy to fold and carry around.
Versalis Men’s Polyester Raincoat – Rain Champ (Blue – L)
The Versalis Men’s Polyester Raincoat – Rain Champ from the brand Versalis is one of the best raincoats available on the Indian market right now. This raincoat is made of polyester and can be machine washed. The product comes with a zipper at its centre and comes with inner tapping stitches for total waterproofing.
As you can see there are more than 5 raincoats listed above, all of them come from a reputed manufacturer and at a reasonable price. All these products are ranked on the basis of customer reviews alone and nothing else.
Hope this article helped you.